Sunday, March 16, 2008

He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother

The Osmond's make me cry! Not because they are so talented. Not because I was going to marry Jay, my sister was going to marry Donny and my youngest sister was going to marry Jimmy...in my dreams. Because they sing He Ain't Heavy He's my brother. I saw them on Oprah again the other day and I saw their anniversary show on PBS, and every time they make me cry! Since the unexpected death of my older brother Scott in December, lots of things make me cry. It hits me when I least expect it. My heart aches and I can't believe he's really gone. I have a soap opera mentality about the whole thing, like maybe it's not true and he'll just show up or call one of these days. It always happens on All My Children and General Hospital. I miss him terribly. He was there my whole life and taught me all kinds of stuff...good, bad, and ugly! He is still teaching me stuff. I've learned to have less fear and take more chances. I've learned more about the plan of salvation and the resurrection. I now know deep in my heart that they are true. My last email to Scott was titled He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother. I love you Scott!

3 comments:

Annemarie said...

That makes me wan to cry, too. I miss him so much.
However, I (ME, ME, ME) was the one who was going to marry Donny...not Jimmy...yuck!

Alex said...

Hi Diane
Yes - they make me cry too !
Glad to see your blog and beautiful family ! We Conde's miss you Naylor's! So sorry to hear about your brother, I did not know.
We must get together SOON !
Alex

Grams said...

WOW------......I don't know what to say. I have this picture on my dest and I look at it every day....sometimes I think he will talk to me. I get so sad, I can hardly think about him. I miss him too.