We have a summer activity calendar in our ward (congregation.) Every week day there are things planned. Today was pool day at my house. These are my rules for pool day.
1. Swim diapers are required. We don't want another incident like the summer of 2001 when a kid pooped in our jacuzzi. I had to drain and refill the spa.
2. Go ahead and pee in the pool. It's better than pee on the bathroom floor.
3. Eat your goldfish on the grass. Soggy snacks on the pool deck is gross.
4. Wear flotation devices. I don't want your kid to drown.
5. Swim at your own risk. Please don't sue me if your kid drowns.
See you next week. I like to have pool guests. Otherwise the pool just sits there empty, looking good.