Colonoscopy is used to visually examine your entire colon and rectum for abnormalities. Colonoscopy is generally considered the procedure of choice for colon cancer screening. During the exam, a colonoscope — a long, flexible tube about the thickness of an adult finger — is inserted into your rectum. A tiny video camera at its tip allows your doctor to view the inside of your colon.
In some cases during colonoscopy, if a polyp or abnormal tissue is found, your doctor may remove it at that time. Alternatively, a tissue sample (biopsy) of the polyp may be taken for lab analysis to determine whether subsequent surgical removal of the tissue is needed.
Sounds like a party! Prep day was equally hideous.
1. Clear liquid diet the day before procedure.
2. Mix the nasty Colyte drink in the morning and refridgerate.
3. At noon take four stool softeners...stay close to home, seriously.
4. At 6pm, begin drinking the nasty, disgusting Colyte. Drink one eight ounce glass every 10-15 minutes.Keep your barf training supplies handy, big bowl, washcloth, and box of tissue. The puke fest will begin after about the third glass of nasty. Continue the drink, puke process until you have finished 2 quarts.
- You will look and smell like a hot mess. Don't despair, it gets worse.
- The rest of the evening will be spent in the bathroom. Make yourself comfortable.
On the day of the procedure...where they are going to get all up in your bidniss...
- Your clear liquid diet may continue up to 10:00 am.
- Please have a friend or relative who really likes you drive and assist you home. There will be plenty of gas passing.
My question is this, what makes one want to become a Gastroenterologist? Whose crazy idea was it to stick cameras down my throat and up my bu##? Bunch of crazy paparazzi. I'm bitter. Today is my favorite holiday and I'm supposed to be at brunch.