Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More Memorial Day

a little swimming


a little fashionista

a little volleyball

a little looking through the fence

a little horsin' around, which led to a poor woman being thrown from her horse and getting carted away by paramedics...I hope she didn't shatter her tib fib plateau


a little girl time

a little red carpet posing

a little lizard lounging on the wall

a little badmitton

a little group of training buddies...3 half ironmen, 1 ironman...4 ironmen in August

a little splashing

a little glimpse of the future

a little bit of heaven...thanks Laura the caramel bars are celestial !
Mendenhall 5
Sunday, May 18, 2008

Caramel Bars
I've received a couple of requests for the Caramel Bar recipe. Here it goes:2 1/4 cups oats2 cups flour1 1/2 cups butter1 1/2 cups brown sugar1 tsp. baking soda1 tsp. saltMash all these ingredients in a bowl until crumbly. Then cut in half. Mash half of it into a 9x13 greased pan. Bake 10 mins @ 350. Take one jar of Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel Sauce(you can cheat and buy the store brand if you don't really care how good they taste..in other words, stick with Mrs. Richardsons, trust me.) and combine in a bowl with 4 Tbsp. flour. Layer 2 cups of chocolate chips then caramel sauce. Then pat out the remaining dough and place on top. Cook for abother 20 mins at 350. Wait until completely cool to cut into squares.

18 comments:

alison said...

Man! That is one party I wish I was invited to!

Annemarie said...

I'm a little jealous...

Brandon and Tenille said...

Gosh looks like you guys had quit the weekend, I am a little jealous you guys are great hosts...

Nancy said...

Those caramel bars look delicious, but the blog you linked to is private. Could you post the recipe, or email it to me? :)

ferntyler said...

I had a feeling I was going to regret that pose later on - I wasn't thinking clearly after too much delicious food (and I don't think the pose worked like I thought it would, ha ha)

tawnya said...

Oh....fun! I hope you all had a fabulous day!

AnnEE said...

Why wasn't I invited???

OH, and I WILL be making those bars. YUM!!!

Seth and Shayla said...

hey that dessert looks so good you will have to share that recipe. cute fmaily and friends

Linda said...

That is one great looking group of friends!

Glad you had an enjoyable holiday weekend!

Hazen5 said...

Is that your pool? I know where I'll be this summer!!

How's next Monday for lunch?

Travelin'Oma said...

Memorial Day 2008 was memorialized at your house. Looks fun!

queenieweenie said...

aw crap...now I'm hungry

Bridget said...

That pool looks divine. What a beautiful view too.

Robin said...

Yum. I will be making those bars soon. I can't decide if it was warm or cold from your pictures. Half the people are in swimsuits and half are bundled up in sweatshirts. Looks like fun.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i need some friends who actually live in my town.

The Family Rasheed said...

I wish I had been there. P.S. tell Sunshine to update her blog, please.

Laura said...

Thanks for having us at your awesomely fun gathering. It was a lovely time. I'm glad I left the caramel bars, I just can't resist when they're around. I love that picture of Abby too~! I coulcn't be more proud of my little fashionista!

Hollyween said...

oh, the caramel bars. I'm definitely making those this weekend. FOR SURE!!