Monday, May 12, 2008

Ballroom 101

Cue the music...Da da da da da da da da da da da da...
Check out his face. He's serious about his dancing skills.

One, two cha-cha-cha...

and spin...

Good posture Brynn...

Dance hall...

The judge walking by...


Brynn is working on her graceful hands...

Strut your stuff...

By george, I think she's got it...



The highlight of the weekend Evan came home was the dance lessons. He took a ballroom class last semester and is teaching his little sister some moves. He can foxtrot, cha-cha and swing. I always wanted one of my children to be a dancer like their mom, I never dreamed it would be Evan. He was even in a cha-cha competition and made the cuts in the first round. Shake what your mama gave you! Now he has a back up plan if business school doesn't work out. Watch out Dancing With the Stars...





19 comments:

Jennie said...

ha! that is so cute! I wish one of my FOUR brothers would have been sweet enough to teach me some moves. i love it

tawnya said...

Nearly every guy I dated (before Isaac!) could ballroom dance. I always had a weak spot for dancers...

ferntyler said...

that's one smart guy- the odds are definitely in his favor in ballroom dance classes at the Y.. my class there were 3 guys to about 30 girls, maybe this is just proof how great he will do in business. I love seeing that having kids is still fun even when they get a little older

Annemarie said...

Not so sure about the back up plan...I've seen his moves. Good thing he's cute! (and smart)

Nancy said...

I always wanted to take a ballroom dance class. I think I must have signed up for it 4 times at BYU, but always had to drop it for one reason or another. I'm glad he's had fun with it!

The Family Rasheed said...

I have to echo Michelle. I love seeing your children getting a long and having fun with each other. It gives me hope for my kids! You have such an amazing family.
Bryn - you look so beautiful!

Ilene said...

Ah, I remember dancing in college... with my roommates.

Seriously. We were date deprived. Darn all those cute BYU girls.

Of course he gets all his moves from his mom.

Brandon and Tenille said...

Hahahaha thats great I love that they let you take pics of it all to, gotta to love big bros, brynns not so bad herself...

SavvyGirl said...

Looking Good Brynn & Evan!

Celia Fae said...

Tingle, tingle.

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Diane you are so funny- I love that you actually wrote "Shake what your mama gave you!"
My parents actually met at a ballroom dance class at BYU. Now that is scary!

Jessica said...

My sister Bekah desperately needs dance lessons!!!

AnnEE said...

You have the cutest kids!!! Rachel is excited for lunch with you. I'm super jealous!!

lisset said...

how awesome that evan had the guts to take a ballroom class! and that he'd be willing to dance with his little sister! i don't think jaime or jonathan would touch me with a ten foot pole... you should see how awkward they are to hug...

*katie said...

So, so cute! I loved dancing with my older brother who taught me how to swing dance. :)

Alex said...

I am so impressed ! GO EVAN ! I must include the details in my next letter to Jaime :)

gab said...

Your children are gorgeous!

Harper Family said...

that is totally fun!!!

Jen said...

What a sweet brother to share his new found talent with his baby sister!