Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Beauty Product Review

John Frieda makes my favorite products that I can pick up at Target. I've been using the shampoo and conditioner for blonde hair for years. I also love the Frizz-Ease products. The straightening serum and spray are fabulous. These new products are no exception. I use the smoothing creme on wet hair before I blow dry and then I spray the protective styling spray on dry hair before I flat iron. My hair hasn't been this smooth and straight in 10 years. Menopause and gray hair have changed the texture of my hair from stick straight to wavy and I can't handle it. Until now.
Maybelline moisture extreme lip liner in toast is exactly the color of my lips and glides right on. When used to fill in lips it stays moist and looks great topped with gloss. Revlon Color Stay Ultimate lip gloss was a giant waste. I was hoping since it is a gloss it would not dry my lips because it is a long wearing product. Unfortunately, I had chapped lips after one application. Skip this one.


The Revlon Creme Gloss is brilliant. The colors are vibrant like a lipstick but glossy like, well gloss. I love this stuff. It has a brush applicator and comes in a great selection of colors. A bit sticky but I am still a fan.

I keep my Cover Girl Wet slicks Amazemint gloss with me at all times. I have one in my purse and one in my make-up bag. I love how it feels, smells and it testes good. Pink Positive is my favorite color.


The L'Oreal Hip line has some great products. This new kohl eyeliner in brown has a little shimmer. I love the applicator and the color. It goes on like a dream and is easy to get a thin or fat line. It smudges easily for the perfect smokey eye. My only issue with this product is that since it is a powder it falls under my eye and makes a mess which I then have to fix. I do enjoy the fact that this eyeliner can double as shadow. Plus it stay on.


Afte watching America's Next Top Model I was anxious to try the Cover Girl Outlast Lipstain. It looks like a marker. As long as you use plenty of lipgloss on top you might like this. It tastes a little weird but it does last a long time.


These Colgate Wisp toothbrushes are a brilliant invention. No water required and there is a built in, dissolving bead that acts as toothpaste and breath mint. Since I have Invisalign braces I am constantly brushing my teeth. These are great to throw in your bag when you are on the go.

I really should get paid for this.I'm good at product review.
Next time you are at Target try something new. I dare you.

18 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks for keeping us in the know! I love trying new makeup but hate it when they don't work out. I'm going to have to try the hair creme and protective spray...you should definitely get a royalty. (Shoe companies should get on board, too)

Liz said...

I think the only time I ever wore make-up was for the Roadshows we used to do in MIA. I like the disposable toothbrushes, though.

Jake said...

I've never heard of the Wisp dental products! Heading to Target right now.

*katie said...

Target should defnitely hire you! You're way good at this:) I may have to take a trip to the Tar-Zhay today!

Robin said...

Thanks for the recommendations! I love posts like this!

Ilene said...

I am make-up impaired so I heartily thank you for your recommendations.

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

I love this post - you are great at product promotion. Being a "lip" junkie, I am always up for new products.

lisset said...

oh i am so glad you tried the covergirl outlast lipstain! i figured it wouldn't wear like a lipstick, but i need something that is going to stay on and endure many an application of chapstick. thanks for being our guinea pig!

Tristan said...

I love posts like this! I am going to have to try a few of these.

Brigitta said...

I love informative blogs. Going to go get the Revlon cream gloss and the eyeliner/shadow. Thanks

Kim W said...

I'm looking for a good mascara. What do you use?

Hazen5 said...

Thanks, I have been looking for a new lip liner!

Allison totally has those Wisp toothbrushes.

Jenna Wood said...

Diane, I was just thinking the same thing--you should get paid for this. Wow. I'm gonna jot a few of these down to try.

Just so you know, I've been a Frizz-Ease convert for years. My eldest had ridiculously thick hair and even when she conditions it, I can't always get a brush through it.

Thank heavens for Frizz-Ease.

the wrath of khandrea said...

ironic that review these fabulous straightening products right in the throes of my "return to wavy" phase. i'll probably buy them anyway, and keep them on hand, just in case.

Annemarie said...

I need to try that lip liner. You are the lip gloss queen.

queenieweenie said...

thanks for the review! I love the little toothbrushes-I keep them in my purse for Sunday mornings when I get to church and realize at least one of my kids "forgot" to brush their teeth!

ferntyler said...

sweet reviews! My kids really want me to try the Spin Lash - apparently there is an informercial on one of the shows they watch that says it is awesome :)

Lauren in GA said...

Thank you for this post. I want to try several of these.

I saw the little toothbrush in commercials while I was in the hospital. A beautiful model was on the dance floor and she excused herself to freshen her breath and then began to make out on the dance floor. I will have to buy those so I can visit a club and insure myself fresh breath. ;)