Monday, December 21, 2009

Missionary Monday

All missionaries want to have a white Christmas. What this means as a missionary is that someone you have taught will be baptized all dressed in white.
"Tommy is getting baptized on Saturday, the 19th. He is 15 and he is solid. We have taught him 3 and a half lessons in the last 2 weeks and he's been going to church every Sunday and going to mutual. He's got great fellowship from the young men. It is a golden situation. It's like LT from the 2 yard line, Automatic."
Elder Jordan got his Christmas wish.
I love how he compares spiritual things to football. LT is LaDanian Tomlinson.
Four more days until I hear my boy's voice. I'll get my Christmas wish too.

8 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Ohhhhhh, so wonderful that he is getting to have a white Christmas!! I can hear the joy in his writing.

Another crack up picture!

the wrath of khandrea said...

i want him to make this comparison next: "it's like mom in the express lane at anne taylor loft. automatic."

enjoy the holiday phone call. eagerly awaiting the deets.

Annemarie said...

I can't top Andrea's comment.

Tristan said...

Love the reference to LT and football! He's my kind of guy! Very cool for him :)

Love Andrea's comment!! So perfect!

Can't wait to hear about your phone call!

Ilene said...

Yay for Jordon!

I'm glad that is the sort of White Christmas he wants since there is nary a flake of snow on the ground.

Of course, that is the way we transplanted SoCalifornians like our Christmases. Now if we could only get the temperature up into the 70s...

Brigitta said...

Love the family picture. Do people tell you that your daughter and daughter in law look likes sisters. Anyway, merry merry Christmas.

Hazen5 said...

How was your phone call? Where there tears? I hope you all had a great Christmas!

Paige said...

Hey diane, my blog isn't private, it's down now even though blogger says it's private. No blog so no invites. Still love your blog though!