Sunday, December 7, 2008

I Believe

Family portrait
We got this letter in the mail yesterday. It should have been marked, "Don't open til Christmas"
as it contained the most wonderful gift. A written testimony. My fondest wish revealed. As a mom the one thing I've always hoped for is that my children will come to know and love the Lord, Jesus Christ. He knows. I was a crying mess as I read his full page, heartfelt words. He has a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and is willing to sacrifice two years to share this good news with the people of Boise. He will miss his brothers wedding and Christmas with his family because he believes. As much as I miss him,I couldn't be happier because I believe too.

My boy ...is a man.





18 comments:

Kim W said...

Wow! That's awesome! I hope I can write the same thing in 8 years!

calibosmom said...

That is so cute. My oldest is turning 13 this week. I know a mission will be here before I know it. Thats going to be so hard but so wonderful!

ferntyler said...

that is really sweet! I love the family drawing, too :) you guys are such great parents

Annemarie said...

I love it!! He is an amazing guy. I am so thankful that he is such a great example to my boys...who LOVE HIM SOOOO MUCH!!! Lizzie was asking for Jordy just the other day.

Rae said...

So special!! I'm so glad you received this most precious of gifts!

Tina said...

what a wonderful gift!!!

Lauren in GA said...

That is so wonderful. I love that he knows it is true. I hope and pray my boys will serve missions and gain testimonies like that, too. What a good boy you have!

Bridget said...

Awesome. Just plain awesome.

Heather said...

So cute! He is such a sweet boy! you get to talk to him here in a couple of weeks right?

alison said...

Too cute! My sister was looking at your blog and was noticing you are friends with the Wimmers. She thinks she knows Brett when he served his mission is Germany. She lived there as a nanny. Small world.

Sunshine said...

You and Tom have raised such wonderful children. You are a great family!

The Family Rasheed said...

What an amazing man he is!

Jenibelle said...

He has a testimony of leg lamps? Now that's something I've never heard in church.

I can not wait for the day that we have a missionary. I am happy for you.

Liz said...

It's so amazing to send a boy off on a mission and watch him grow up through his letters. I know it warms your heart! Only a couple of weeks to go until your phone call!!

Linsey said...

That is indeed a priceless treasure. What a blessing he is to your family.

the wrath of khandrea said...

this made me misty eyed. no sobbing, but a little mist. just right for 1:30 in the afternoon. thank you.

♥Shally said...

That says a lot about his mom, you know... :)

Celia Fae said...

I guess I'll let my kid go on a mission if he will write me letters like that. Payoff is sounding good.